Aims of the Centre
- To discover and evaluate new interventions that will enhance the quality of life for people affected by chronic disabling neurological conditions.
- To develop research that will underpin the National Service Framework Long Term Neurological Conditions and as proposed by the Neurological Alliance, and by other groups representing service users.
- To exploit existing strengths in health services research, clinical trials design and execution, sensitive technology, neuropsychology, neuropsychiatry, cognitive behaviour therapy, systematic reviews, data-basing, and the establishment of regional registers and involvement of people affected by these disorders.
- To involve people affected by chronic and disabling neurological conditions in the development of user-centred approaches to management and outcome assessment, and to involve service users in planning and developing research programmes.
- To address barriers to implementation and explore the use of integrated care pathways to assist in the uptake of evidence-based practice. The Centre will assess the impact of evidence-based practice in improving the quality of care offered to patients and their families.